Some of the characteristics typically associated with court involved-youth include the following:
* Lack of a stable family environment.
* Lack of a family support system or poor family relationships.
* Abusive family relationships, including sexual abuse.
* Lack of attachment to school and community.
* Poor school performance (e.g., low grade point average, history of being retained, basic skills at least two grade levels below expected grade level, history of truancy, and persistent tardiness).
* Early parenthood.
* Negative peer group influences, including gang related behaviors.
* Early experimentation with legal substances(e.g., alcohol and drugs).
* Persistent alcohol and drug abuse.
* Involvement with the drug culture.
* Behavioral disorders (e.g., antisocial or asocial behaviors and lack of self-control).
* Absence of positive adult male role models.
* Limited social skills.
* Mental health issues.
* Poor self-esteem/underdeveloped sense of self-worth.
* Delayed developmental stages.
* Health issues, including those related to sexual activity.
* Poor communication skills.
LMI is Growing!
Due to the our success, we are proposing to expand our services to a larger geographical area.
We need volunteers
If you are interested in helping people-Please give us a call.